RCC is an affiliate center of Harvard University aimed at promoting synergies between Spanish scholars and Harvard faculty, to facilitate common structural projects between Spanish universities or research institutions and Harvard schools and centers.
These collaborations can take place in every possible dimension within the knowledge triangle realm which promotes the interaction between research, education and innovation. RCC is particularly interested in research, innovation and knowledge transfer among universities, firms and civil society in both countries. We welcome proposals focused on establishing or strengthening a research network between US and Spanish scholars, reaching levels of international excellence and showing an actual and strong potential for fundraising in the US and the EU. We will consider projects submitted at any development stage; however, mature projects will be especially welcomed. Thereby, we will get and offer the best of our unique status: being a Harvard and Complutense joint venture.
In order to renovate and strengthen this mission, RCC is launching an Open Call for Proposals. This call is formalized in an open and flexible way, pursuing to facilitate innovative and entrepreneurial proposal submission. This call is open to individuals, firms, NPOs and any interested institution. Every organization is welcome to apply. Received projects will be evaluated by the Academic Council in December 2012.
In order to discuss the feasibility and interest of your proposal, RCC Council encourages supplying as much of the required information as possible to get an extensive overview of the reasons, merits and potentials of your idea and your team:
- Applicant’s name and contact info (Phone, e-mail, nationality, institution etc.)
- Name of the Research Area.
- Proposal basis and fundamentals: Brief overview of framework, mission & vision (i.e. Why is this proposal of interest to the RCC and Harvard University?).
- Foremost human resources linked to the project (main researchers, collaborators, scholars, etc.), along with a short bio highlighting the background of the individuals/team on the particular research field.
- Costs estimation for project funds and resources (please consider separately US, EU, and Spanish funding resources).
- RCC cooperation and assistance foreseen in the project.
- Brief description of current/potential academic links to Harvard faculty or to other US universities maintained/expected by the applicant individuals/team. Perspectives on the development of a research network.
- Road Map for the implementation of the project: General description of initial stages and steps that will lead to the accomplishment of the research area.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us to provide or ask for information about this call. Thank you.